The Early X Foundation has a wide variety of tools, services and training programs designed to assist researchers, business executives, employees and MBA students in discovering and implementing new revenue opportunities for existing intellectual property.
Early X Services
What are the Early X Services? Our the ultimate goal is helping partners to identify and implement new revenue opportunities through they’re intellectual property assets and/or the ideas generated by individual employees or employees organized as groups. We perform this through two primary programs: IdeaWorkxtm, our series of innovation workshops and training sessions, and our eXathonTM IP Discovery Process.
1. eXathonTM Our demonstrated talent is the ability to develop several new revenue opportunities from internal intellectual property assets for our IP partners. The eXathonTM IP Process has repeatedly uncovered 25 to 35 new vertical market revenue opportunities for each IP asset we work with. The creation of Champion technology Company Inc. was a direct result of this program in partnership with PNNL and Battelle Memorial Institute.
2. IdeaWorkxtm is a series of seminars and workshops specifically designed to train employees, work teams and organizations how to generate innovative business solutions for substantial market opportunities, i.e. new revenue. Innovation Leadership Symposiums have been created as 3 to 5-hour introductory events to help c-level company executives understand the value and tools available to lead, train employees and cross-discipline work groups to discover and subsequently implement new sources of revenue. Whether the participating company is or is not a technology company they benefit directly from IdeaWorkxTM
In addition to these two primary resources, Early X also provides additional services to support companies and research laboratories. They include:
1. Market Research & Analysis – We have access to hundreds of “Early X Trained” MBA’s to perform market feasibility research, as subject matter experts, and produce vibrant “Go-To-Market” plans at scale.
2. IP Asset Bundling – Because of our independent, non-profit status Early X is a neutral party with the capability of bundling IP assets from multiple sources – something traditional tech transfer offices cannot achieve. We are the “Switzerland” of IP monetization.
3. IP Asset M&A – Many corporations or startups require additional IP to leverage current technology and/or produce new products from ideas generated through IdeaWorkxTM – Early X can very quickly and inexpensively search globally, evaluate, and secure IP assets for partners.
4. IP Expertise – Through our Early X Board of Directors, business executive mentors, and MBA’s, we possess a large reservoir of experience and expertise that is available to our IP partners.
Why is the Early X Process different from any others? The Early X Process is based on “creative problem-solving” process perfected by Dr. Larry Cox, Entrepreneurship Program Director at the Graziadio School, Pepperdine University. Forbes recently ranked Pepperdine as the 9th Most Entrepreneurial University in the United States. It’s important to note that this ranking is based on the percentage of an institution’s student body that is listed on LinkedIn as the “Founder” of a company or organization.
This makes the Forbes ranking the only one that is based on an actual outcome – the launch of new ventures. It’s also informative to compare Pepperdine to the other universities in the top ten (e.g., Stanford, MIT, Cal Tech, Berkeley, etc.). All of these have schools of engineering, schools of medicine, graduate science programs, multiple entrepreneurship centers, technology parks, technology transfer offices and large endowments. Pepperdine has none of these. Graziadio is on this list due primarily to the strength of training entrepreneurs and innovation. Additional differentiation highlights are:
1. Early X focuses on one mission – educate business executives, researchers and MBA’s to identify and realize optimum return on research expenditures and investments
2. Early X marries the resources of experienced business executives with brilliant innovators and entrepreneurial MBA’s for the widest, deepest and earliest discovery of monetization opportunities
3. Early X uses its creative problem-solving process to help educate and train individuals to be more productive employees
4. Early X facilitates and enables the bundling of complementary IP assets from multiple sources to maximize long-term value extraction
5. Early X discovers and executes multiple monetization opportunities (revenue streams) from a single IP
Who should consider leveraging Early X resources?
Government, University and Corporate Research Laboratories, Chief Technology and Information Officers, Chief Informations Security Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Human Resource Directors, Tech Transfer Officers, Intellectual Property Service Companies, Individual Researchers and Inventors, Intellectual Property Investors, and Financial Services Companies with clients holding Intellectual Property Assets.
Companies looking to create new market opportunities by leveraging they're internal employee workforce.